Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I have a neighbor that was arrested for csc and i found out

Customer Question

i have a neighbor that was arrested for csc and i found out he did this in other states. his name is Tommy *****. is he suppose to register in Michigan. i have know him for 3 years as a neighbor and all this happened on the 30th of October in the evening. This is really bothering me can you help me
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: state of michigan and it was sunday evening
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no he has a court appointed but bi did talk to the victim
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am sorry my computer shut off. i would like to know was he involved in other states from what i was told by the victim its happened in California and he went to prison. i have know tommy for 3 years ands would have never guessed this man is very sick
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Yes, if he was convicted of a registerable offense in California he would be expected to register in Michigan if he moved here. As he was just arrested for the same thing, when they run his background and see he's not registered here, they can charge him with a failure to register on top of his new CSC.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.