CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Can someone on administrative probation move out of state?

Customer Question

JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

What was this person on probation for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Battery on LEO car theft and couple other things i think

And does the defendant report to a probation officer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. Its just a one time report.

For charges like that, I am shocked that the State Attorney agreed to administrative probation, since those are felony charges. However, they are still under supervision by the State of Florida, so even though they do not report, they would still have to get permission to have their probation moved out of State, so they can be supervised. A motion would need to be filed with the court, advising that the Defendant wishes to relocate and show good cause why and simply ask the Judge to allow probation to be transferred.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If we get married before he is out would that be considered manditory transfer under interstate compact? Ya I am shocked he got admin in his plea deal too

No, it would not. Getting married would not force the State of Florida to allow him to relocate and transfer. He has to get permission if he wants to relocate out of State, while under supervision. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.