Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  N/A
96078538

If I was bailed out of jail and got behind. On my payments

Customer Question

If I was bailed out of jail and got behind. On my payments to the bail bonds can they suspend my driver's license
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; the information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you. It may take a few minutes because I am typing an answer.

No. A bondsman can, however, refer your account to collections, report the delinquency to the credit bureaus, and can file a claim against you in small claims court. If they get a judgment in court, they may be able to garnish your wages. It is recommended that you contact the bondsman and explain to him the reason for the missed payments. He may be willing to work with you, depending on the circumstances. Here is a link to California's Bail Laws. I hope this helps.​

Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you have no further questions, please do not forget to leave positive feedback (click on the 5 stars at the top of your page), as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required but is always appreciated.