Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am charged w/dui in va for driving under the influence od

Customer Question

I am charged w/dui in va for driving under the influence od baclofen and lyrics they took blood work is there any help
JA: Have the charges been filed? Is there a prior criminal record?
Customer: yes- I have no prior's and a hearing on 1-9-2017 My lawyer claims I will lose my license and probably do 30 days in jail
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I was arrested
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: HELP-
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks

Your attorney is correct. You can have your driver's license revoked for 1 year for a first offense. You face up to 1 year in jail. However, this is a first offense. Your attorney's indication of 30 days is correct. The laws are strict in Virginia. You are not entitled to a restricted license under these charges. I'm sorry I could not give you any better news.

I will opt out and you can ask the question of another expert. However, I think there is no other better answer.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor left, but did you have any further questions I can assist with.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.