LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

Sound silly I'm sure, what are the laws for ferret living in

Customer Question

sound silly I'm sure, what are the laws for ferret living in a daycare/preKprogram?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, took them out .. petty fight with owner
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Your question is not a silly one. Rather it is food for thought.

Under FL law, a ferret is allowed to be owned as a pet. And under Florida Child Care Facility Standards such a facility may have a pet on the premises so long as it is properly immunized and the operator maintains current immunization records for the pet.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug