Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A 14 yr old beat up a 13 yr old. Both females. Not friends

Customer Question

A 14 yr old beat up a 13 yr old. Both females. Not friends but knew of one another. At first the 14 yr old denied the attack. After the police told her that witnesses said she started the fight she admitted to it. There's a video of the attack. The video was recording before the fight. Which shows the attack was premeditated. Juvenile court seems to be more towards the attacker. By putting them on probation and counseling. What can the victim do to ask the court for a harsher punishment?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In california
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of just $5 more I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. This fight took place in California, right?

2. What do you mean when you write Juvenile court seems to be more towards the attacker?

3. Are both girls being accused of a crime in the juvenile court system? I ask because you refer to "them" with regard to probation and counseling

4. Were either of the girls seriously injured?

Thanks in advance,

Doug