Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  15 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

What is statue of limitations terroristic threat south

Customer Question

What is statue of limitations terroristic threat south Carolina
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Unlike most states, South Carolina has no statue of limitations on most criminal offenses. So someone can be prosecuted for a criminal offense in SC indefinitely.

.

But the more time that passes, the less the likelihood that the DA would actually file a case.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I told my wife sister that if she didn't stop calling her and I would snap her neck. It has been three months but.i am sure that the.statement.and the.apology. were recorded. Do I need. a lawyer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Calling.her.and upsetting her I would.snap her.neck.what I meant to say
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

That is a conditional threat.... it is a threat based on the occurrence of some prior condition (i.e. her calling and upsetting wife) so no DA would ever act on that because the sister would not have any imminent apprehension of danger.

.

So you are fine... And I have been a criminal defense attorney for over 16 years..

.

.

thanks