Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
81266493

I was married for 30 years now I'm divorced.I never was

Customer Question

Hello, I was married for 30 years now I'm divorced.I never was asked to sign joint tax returns never even saw the refund checks. This affected my divorce I should have come out with more money.He always complained about his own buisness going under.I stayed at home to raise our children why this abusive narcissit border line personality played me.What can I do now I have been divorced 3 years.I live in MN. Thanks Nance
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

It is a Federal Crime to forge US Tax Checks. Here is the Law:

18 U.S. Code § 510 - Forging endorsements on Treasury checks or bonds or securities of the United States

(a)Whoever, with intent to defraud—

(1) falsely makes or forges any endorsement or signature on a Treasury check or bond or security of the United States; or

(2) passes, utters, or publishes, or attempts to pass, utter, or publish, any Treasury check or bond or security of the United States bearing a falsely made or forged endorsement or signature; shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

If you tell me where in Minnesota you live, I will give you information on the law enforcement agency you can contact to report this.

The US Secret Service is the Federal agency that investigates this. There are 3 field offices in Minnesota. Here is the information on where you can call to report this:

1. Location: Fargo, ND
    Phone:(###) ###-####br />
  2. 300 South Fourth Street, #750
    Minneapolis, MN, 55415
    Phone:(###) ###-####br />
  3. 325 South First Avenue, #501
    Sioux Falls, SD, 57104
    Phone:(###) ###-####/li>

Please let me know if you have more questions. I will be happy to help more. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate me by click on the stars. Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Colleen, I live in woodbury (st.paul) MN. I would appreciate any contacts that could help me in this matter. Thank You for getting back to me so quick

Contact the field office that is closest to St. Paul.

You are welcome