Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I took my neighbor to the port for a cruise and was given 3

Customer Question

I took my neighbor to the port for a cruise and was given 3 citations for not having a permit as a cab....how can i contest this
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the citations were recieved on october 19...and they said it will be filed soon
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they asked me how much i charged her and i said 55 dollars so that is why they charged me, because i didnt know that i needed a permit, i was only doing her a favor
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok thats fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can be sanctioned for charging money for a ride without a license for doing so?