Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Domestic violance case in NC that caused my pistol to be

Customer Question

Domestic violance case in NC that caused my pistol to be confiscated by the Hillsbrough county sheriff. That cans (In NC) has been dismissed and a return of property order given. I cannot get my gun back because the form to restore property has been removed.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have been to the sheriff's office and the clerk of court office and they cannot help. They only process the form that has been removed by the courts.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: NC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you saying the case was dismissed (so no more charges, no conviction)? But they will not return your property?