Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience
16823287

I am a new jersey resident with tickets for driving, no

Customer Question

I am a new jersey resident with tickets for driving, no license , no insurance ,etc in 1994 //// it was not me///// my request for a clearance letter was denied
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

You may want to consider suing the NJ DMV in a declaratory judgment action for a court order that forces them to remove erroneous information off your record. You will need to prove up your side of the story with live testimony or other evidence showing that these charges are not related to you. See this law.

Here is a sample complaint so you can see how it works.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.