Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A family member was arrested in another state for a warrant

Customer Question

A family member was arrested in another state for a warrant in the state of AZ on charges of fraud and theft related to a business he owned. He has now been in jail for 40 days with a bond of $100,000. His lawyer has filed a motion for an emergency hearing to reduce bond and it expired and he was notified 5 days after it expired. A second motion was filed and the lawyer still has not heard anything and it is about to expire. If the state of AZ fails to address the 2nd motion what is the next step. Their employer is holding their job but not for much longer and they has no criminal record. Should we find yet another lawyer ? We are desperate and going broke quickly.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please clarify:

1) Who is this relative? Are they asking you for money?

2) What do you mean by motion "expire?" Motions do not expire. What exactly happened?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.