PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can a family member, gas lighting, audit the spouse of a

Customer Question

Can a family member, gas lighting, audit the spouse of a sibling who has begun having nervous breakdowns and relapses and expressed fear of their spouse. But we want to keep it on the hush so the spouse does not harm our sibling in some mental or physical way. THe spouse convinced our sibling to put all her accounts commingled with the new spouse under the guise that the new spouse is protecting our sibling from "US"..... It is becoming aparant to our sibling that things are very strange and that she is becoming a victim of gaslighting. HOw would we put some case together and what type of lawyer is neeeded for this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 7 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If the sibling thinks something is amiss and family members are suspicious of the new spouse, then the family members should convince the sibling to cut her losses now and get out of the relationship and disentangle herself from her new spouse. You would need to speak with a local divorce Attorney to build a case against the new spouse for marriage fraud and to get all assets of the sibling from the new spouse.

The sibling should help the family members to get her assets back by giving full inventory of her assets and the assets that are now either in the control of the new spouse or have been commingled with the new spouse's assets.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,