Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

My boy friend Osca Schluesselheim (d.o. 3/21/65 was addesfed

Customer Question

My boy friend Osca Schluesselheim (d.o.b 3/21/65 was addesfed for assault with bodily injury the other nigt. All he sid was pull my hair, thede was no bodily injury what so ever. Biw he is in Lee Sterrett in Dallas being held for a Parole Hold. It wasnt bad enough for police to have come out. It was minor. He has been doing excellent. Now he on parole hold. Please help us.
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oscar is a good oerson but is on Parole for several dui's. We will be getting married to. Ive know him since i was 15 years old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, with experience in the domestic violence unit. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only as we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I'm sorry to hear this happened. Please allow me just a few moments to prepare some information for you. Thanks!

Again, sorry to hear this happened. I'm going to give you some information about what whill be happening with his case in the coming future, and what I think the odds are against him being violated for his parole.

There will be a parole violation hearing scheduled in which the prosecutor will have to prove the violation occurred, that is, they will have to prove that the assault with bodily injury did in fact occur. In order to prove this, they can use witness testimony, and any other evidence they may have, such as pictures of injuries. If there were no visible injuries (since you stated the incident was limited to hair pulling) then the prosecutor will have difficulty in proving that the incident did in fact occur, if you do not cooperate with them and testify against your boyfriend.

Of course, if you feel your safety is in danger, then you should cooperate with the prosecution, or at the very least use this as an opportunity to leave the relationship. If however, you do not feel you are at risk, as you stated above, and want to continue with the relationship, then my recommendation would be to decline to testify against him and to let the prosecutor's office know that you do not wish to press charges and that you do not want to cooperate in helping with their case.

The end result of whether or not your boyfriend will receive a parole violation rests in the judge's discretion. However, I do think that if there is no additional evidence, and if you do not testify for the prosecution, they will have a hard time proving a violation against him. Keep in mind, you can also hire a lawyer to represent him in his parole violation hearing, which I would recommend just to ensure that there is a qualified attorney fighting in his corner, unfortunately without an attorney it's easy to be taken advantage of in our current legal system.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!