Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I had a conditional discharge that became a full discharge

Customer Question

i had a conditional discharge that became a full discharge how do i get the arrest records cleared
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Was this a Kentucky conviction? What was the charge?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do have pdf. of the documents
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i would prefer im
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

In order to get a Kentucky conviction expunged from your record, you would need to first get a certificate of eligibility. Then if you're found eligible, you can petition the court for an expungement, attaching the certificate. You don't need a lawyer to apply for the certificate, but it does cost $40 to file for it. Kentucky tells you how to obtain one and provides you with the forms here.

If your matter was a felony, only certain Class D felonies are eligible for expunction. You can see the list of these here.

You're eligible to expunge a Kentucky misdmeanor 5 years after the completion of your entire sentence.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
mine was considered a full/absolute discharge may of this year i can't find it in court records but i still have arrest records for it