Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I just asked a question about preparing for tomorrow

Customer Question

I just asked a question about preparing for tomorrow preliminary hearing. Not sure it addressed to you. I would like to discuss with you.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 7 days ago.

Good afternoon:

I did see that you asked a similar question. Unfortunately, however, the time and effort needed to fully discuss what questions may be asked of you would be quite lengthy and better suited for a discussion over the telephone and I am unable to discuss over the phone at the moment.

I can respond to your question in the normal general sense, but unfortunately cannot go into very specific detail as to what the defendant's attorney may ask you since 1) it would be mere speculation and 2) it would take many hours to go over what questions he or she may ask.

In the alternative, I can opt-out of the question thereby opening it up to a new expert who may have the time at the moment to fully go through your questions if you'd like.

Just let me know what you'd prefer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I prefer to discuss with you. I can wait does not need to be at this moment. Just want to get some idea today does not need to be very detail. My DA just told me that defendant will request to modify the restraining order. Can I send the police report and discuss when you have time, maybe call you later.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How do I send file?
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for your patience.

This question has been re-opened. So if you'd like to further discuss, feel free to reply to this message.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The preliminary hearing did not take place today, it continued to next month. I would like to get more idea of what defendant's attorney might ask. I replied to another expert before I saw your reply. I prefer to discuss with you. Once you were not available another expert assisted but I think you are much more thorough and provide official resources for my questions.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 6 days ago.

Not a problem. I'm more than happy to help and sorry about the mix-up with questions.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks. I will start another question tomorrow. I believe you are off work now.