Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have preliminary hearing tomorrow morning. I would like to

Customer Question

i have preliminary hearing tomorrow morning. I would like to prepare for what the defendant's attorney might ask me. Can I send the police report to you?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

What type of case is involved and are you a witness or a party to the suit?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm the victim
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it better to send the police report to you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just 'add files' of the police report. Not sure you can get it.
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Not sure if you still need assistance with this. If so, please provide us more background info so we may better assist you....

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I still need assistance. The preliminary hearing today did not take place, it continued to next month. Did you get the police report I sent by using '+add files' button below?
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

No; I do not see any police report uploaded here.

Please contact customer service at 1.***-***-**** for this issue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The reasons yesterday's preliminary hearing did not take place were:
1) the defendant's attorney wanted to prosecute me for audio recording;
2) the defendant's attorney wanted to change the 'felony' charge to 'misdemeanor' since he will be deported if he is charged for 'felony'. He is applying for green card.for 1) I told my DA there should be a penal code to address the exception. I did not mention 'Just Answer'. DA said she will check.
for 2) Can that be a reason to reduce a crime?Do you know how I can send the police report to you? I think DA may have many other things to focus on. I need to have more knowledge to get my justice and protection.
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

I will have to let someone more experienced in this area of the law assist you. I will opt and and someone else should be along soon...