MIAMILAW1127, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

I just got pressed charges for fraud. What should I expect

Customer Question

Hello. I just got pressed charges for fraud. What should I expect next? They said they will press charges and I am terminated from working at that location.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I am 18
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I just want to know the next steps.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 5 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If they have formally brought charges against you, then you can expect a criminal case to begin. Your next step should be to speak to a criminal defense attorney.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How do I do that?

The following link provides a list of criminal defense attorneys in Maryland: