Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Have handled various criminal law cases over a 12 year period.

The girl from ghana says the 10 bats of gold she has is done

The girl from ghana says the 10 bats of gold she has is done being tested. The test she says cost 3600 dollars.
She wants me to pay for it. Says she has a buyer from saudia arabia that's waiting to pay 350K for it.After that we can be together. Is this another ghana gold scam? If so where should I report her so that she can't do that to someone elsr

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I assume you have not met this girl in person before, only over the internet, Skype, etc.?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That correct
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We've at this 8 months. She in a hospital she
Says in UK headed here on a ticket I paid for.
Said she was given 10 pure gold bars by her granny. She was supposedly arrested for carrying bats that she didn't declare at heathrow. After a fine was.paid all the gold was.sent.back to ghana to be sold on the black market. Her name is

Sorry for the delay. Be very careful with this. These are generally romance scams. We get at least two or three questions like this on the website per week.

Normally the scam starts with trying to establish a romantic relationship, perhaps just a friendship at first. They also may claim to be a citizen of the UK or US or wherever so that you would not suspect they have any ulterior motive. They pull at your heartstrings by telling stories of hardship or tragedy that they have suffered in their life. At some point they want to come visit. They may ask you to send money for a passport and/or plane ticket. They may tell you that they have money, perhaps even that they are wealthy, but their money is tied up or something like that, perhaps they tie it into a tragedy or something. Then the next step is when they supposedly have the passport and plane ticket, they suddenly come up with this Basic Travel Allowance or (BTA) which is supposedly to show authorities that they have enough money to fund their trip. This is a lie. There is no such thing. They ask you to send that money so they can put it into a bank account to show the authorities. This is just another method to steal money from you. Then the next part of the scam would be when they are supposed to arrive. You wait for them at the airport and they never show up. A few days go by, you get extremely worried, none of your methods of communication work, and then suddenly a "friend" or "relative" of the scammer contacts you to let you know that the scammer has been detained/arrested by authorities for carrying something illegal, I have heard of unregistered gold and they say it would have been a gift for you (perhaps to pay you back for the money you sent). The friend or relative of the scammer then asks for you to send money to bribe or pay fines in order to have the scammer released. From there, I have not heard of how else they are able to get money out of people. Of course there are variations to the scheme, but that's pretty much how it goes.

Here is a link that you can go to for more information: (yes, it is a link from the U.S. Embassy in Ghana, but it applies to all different countries and I have seen this scam come from Russia, the Ukraine, Nigeria, many other countries, and yes, even the Philippines).

And here is another link from the government of Ghana:

and another:

and another:

and another from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow:

and one more:

Whatever you do, do NOT send money!

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What do the suthorities in ghana do about people like her once you report them

These people make lots of money from these scams. They can easily pay actors cheap to play roles. They can also pay graphic designers cheap to create real looking documents. So don't fall into the trap. I can provide you with many examples of others in the same situation if you like. As far as what Ghana does, not much as these people are hard to catch. You should still report this to the FBI. You can do so by going to Don't let these scammers get away with this!

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

I guess you may need more convincing since you haven't left me a positive rating. Here are some examples and please focus on their stories, not my responses that are pretty much the same: (Ghana) (Ghana - Gold) (Ghana) (Ghana - BTA) (Ghana - BTA) (Ghana - Gold) (Ghana) (Nigeria) (Ghana) (Nigeria) (Ghana - Fine) (Ghana) (Ghana - Gold) (Ghana) (Ghana)

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% to 40% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. That's the only reason I keep mentioning it. Sorry if it is a bother as it is not my intention. If you don't see the stars by my name, I think all you have to do is scroll to the top of the page or click on my name and they will come out. Thank you for your understanding.