Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I keep my 2yr old gr.son often, I left him with my 17 yr old

Customer Question

hi, I keep my 2yr old gr.son often, I left him with my 17 yr old son for exactly 35min, while I was meeting a person a block away to sell my son's car, my son fell asleep and my gr.son got out of the house which I locked the door when I left, he was riding his scooter on the road, a passer by called the police, the police returned him to my house, where my son was woken up, my son said he didn't know he was supposed to be watching him, not true, but the cops gave me a summons to court for 9am today! They said he could have been hurt, and that I left him alone, not true
what will happen at court with this summons? am I liable? what can I expect or face? I am very scared, and my daughter is not gonna let me keep him anymore which is even more devastating to me! what do i do? my son wrote me a note admitting he lied to the cop and fell asleep accidentally
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 days ago.

What are the charges that you are facing? Have you retained a criminal lawyer yet?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.