Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney
11182422

I was pulled over for suspicion of solicitation I did ask a

Customer Question

I was pulled over for suspicion of solicitation I did ask a working girl how much for service but only did so to see if it was a real working girl. I never received service and I was pulled over it was a undercover cop. After explaining to the police officer that I was asking and was going to call the cops he cited me for failure to stop at a stop sign. Is there any way I could still be charged with solicitation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 month ago.

Good evening, my name is Brandon. In which state did this occur?

Please forgive me if the question seems less than relevant -- I ask because I would like to speak about for how long you could still be charged.

The short answer, however, is "yes". The decision to prosecute is actually made by the District Attorney's Office (or equivalent, depending on the jurisdiction). Charges can be filed at any time before the statute of limitations is up. That said, the District Attorney relies heavily on the observation of the involved police officer. If the police officer doesn't see cause to effectuate an arrest or charge, it's very unlikely that the District Attorney will decide that a case is worth pursuing. In your case, the possibility of now being prosecuted for solicitation is extremely unlikely.

I am definitely happy to discuss this in further detail. Let me know if further clarification is needed, and please leave a rating once you are finished (it is the only way I am credited for my help). Thank you!