Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

In Massachusetts, does the clock begin to seal a felony

Customer Question

In Massachusetts, does the clock begin to seal a felony criminal record at time of conviction or release from prison? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. As a reminder, all information provided here is general in nature and does not constitute advice.

Regarding the time period for sealing of felony offenses, the clock begins at the time of conviction, or the release from prison, whichever is later.

That usually means that if someone went to prison for an offense, the clock begins when the person is released from prison (as usually with prison terms, a conviction happens first, and the release from prison happens afterwards).

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 month ago.

Questions based on this? If so, please ask!

If not, please remember that experts here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for taking the time to provide general information to individuals until the individual clicks ACCEPT and rates the assistance with three stars or higher.Your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated!

***General information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction as they would be in the best position to assist***

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 month ago.

I see you have read my response.

If you have questions, please ask.

If not, please remember that experts here provide general information not as a hobby, but as a source of income and on a good-faith basis that the individual will comply with the terms of service they agreed upon.

To that end, please click ACCEPT and rate the assistance with three stars or higher if you have no other questions.

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 month ago.

Please remember to click accept and rate the assistance with three stars or higher as this is the only way experts can be credited for assisting individuals.