How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26801
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where do I file an affidavit of non prosecution, Ga, fulton

Customer Question

Where do I file an affidavit of non prosecution
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ga, fulton county
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I been looking and calling around. I can't afford an expensive attorney
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Initial date was April 11. My job told me I had to provide a report to return to work, didn't feel the need to but to keep my Job. Communicated that with investigator the day of and two day later via email. Didnt call thw police to home at time od disagreement. Went to police station after being told by a call center supervisor she would call me 25 minutes later to make sure i was going to filw a report. I Asking before a warrant was issued for it to be just that "a report". No court date yet, would rather have case dropped. I'm away from home 5-6 days a week out of town. Don't have time for legal matters down the road.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 months ago.

Good morning. Can you share with me a little more about the situation? Your job was requiring you to file a compliant with the police? If so, what was this in regard to? Are you the victim here?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
basically me and my ex had a huge blow up, argument after he didn't return my car in time to allow me to go to work. We argued before he made it home. By the time he made it home we were both mad and I had 25 minutes to make it to work through traffic and to park my car take a shuttle to make it to the actual Airport. I'm a flight attendant so being late is basically missing a 3day trip (8 flights). He made it home, I was angry trying to get my stuff together him doing the same for his job when I told him he couldn't drop me off and take my car (his was in shop). I kept saying it reaching for my keys he kept telling me to calm down at first but I was so angry I kept charging him for them and told him I wouldn't be comfortable in a car with him especially the way he was acting. He told me to stop tries to walk out the back door I jumped on the couch tried to take my keys he shoved me back with his forearm in my neck. I kept reaching after he told me to stop, he said i dont know if your trying to hurt me so this moment forward ill protect myself. When i came forward again, he shoved me into the kitchen bsr i fell. finally gave me the remote key said he was done with me. I tried to lock him out, he thru my work stuff outside, took the key back to take his stuff out my car, argued more. I grabbed my broken bag and tried to race to work, pulling into the parking lot a lady told me I looked rough. Realizing I was in no condition to work I called in what happened. She took me off my trip then told me by she would call me 25 minutes later to make sure i was going to file a report. I would need it to provide it to my supervisor to return to work. Yes I am the "victim". So I went to police station and filed a report. Told the investigator my job told me I had to come as well. I don't want to ruin someone's life.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe in my report I may of put he punched me, honestly I don't remember, I don't have scares or didn't have bruises. I just know the investigator hyped me up so much while talking to him prior to writing my statement, leading questions, pep talks, "you have to do this for you" by the time I was done with the interview I wasn't only scared of my job, I then hated my ex. I contact him a couple days later stating I didn't want to Persue a warrant, the sole reason I came there was because I was intimidated about my job being in jeopardy
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. Please allow me another moment

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 months ago.

If you think there were errors or omissions in your statement, you can go to the police and amend your stated. If you do not remember if he hit you, you can advise of the same and correct this. Now, as far as an affidavit of non prosecution, you would need to speak with the State/Prosecutors Office, once it is turned over to them to file, by the police. As the victim, you can file this and advise them you do not want them taking action against him. They will consider it but it is important to remember that this is a crime against the State, with you as the victim, so they have the final say about dropping this. It is filed with the State, so you can contact the police and see if this has been turned over and speak with them and if so, file and speak with the prosecutors office.

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.