Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was just the victim of an assault I was beat up, tied up

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I was just the victim of an assault I was beat up, tied up and haven't given a statement to the police yet. I was just curious they have it on video and the police have the video will they be arrested if I put in a statement? I'm fearful of my life.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: It happened about a week ago. In Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no i'm fearful for my life the police have the video and want me to come in
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know who they were and have description of them and the vehicle I'm not sure that'll help get them arrrested and charged
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

I am really sorry to hear this. This is horrible. Were you wounded?

You would need to make a statement to the police so that the police can charge them. How do you know there is video?

I'm sorry. I see that the police have the video and want you to come in.

It is important that you go into the police. If you make a statement, they can charge these people and you can get an order of protection so that they cannot talk to you, contact you or approach you anywhere. The court will order this.

After the police report is filed, you can go right to court and get the order of protection.

Do you know these people?