Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Customer Question

Hello , yes my case :number M1661741 FRAUD DESTROY REMOVEL CONCEALMENT WRITING CALSS B What penalty?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: TX
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not Tell me penalty for this case
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 days ago.

Here's the section of the Penal law under which you are charged. It is typically a misdemeanor but can be a state jail felony, if the document is a will or a deed. As a misdemeanor it would have a maximum possible incarceratory sentence of a year and/or a fine of up to $4K. As a state jail felony, the maximum possible penalty would be two years in jail and/or a fine of up to $10,000. Probation would be possible for either the misdemeanor or the felony.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.