socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I am writing trial by declaration for red light turn signal

Customer Question

Hello, i am writing trial by declaration for red light turn signal made by camera picture and video. was curious if there will somebody show in the court? usually stopped by cop they will not but not sure how does it work with camera tickets. i have violation for failure to stop on red light turning right. there was no sign no turn on red light.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california violation happened in Los Angeles ( culver city)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think attorney can help i researched lot on online and your web states that camera tickets are different then cops.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello, i believe you need more information
Expert:  socrateaser replied 12 days ago.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), and I have considerable experience with both photo-radar moving citations and trials by declaration.

With a trial by declaration, the officer is required to write a counter declaration in response to your declaration. The judge reviews both declaration, and reviews the photo-radar evidence (the photograph), and unless you deny that you are the driver of the vehicle, then you will be found guilty.

It's cut and dry, because the judge has sole discretion to make a decision about your guilt or innocence.

Note: I see you have requested a phone call. I'll send you the offer, and you may accept or decline at your convenience.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!