CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

This about being charged with stealing a purse.ive been

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** about being charged with stealing a purse.ive been given a Public definder.she has email me all the paper work from the other side.i have court on monday this is friday and she and i have not talked ..is not trying to prove i Did not take what i am being charged with
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 month ago.
Why is this person accusing you of this ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What space I now have to start texting my conversation to you from the beginning back in August what

You can type it here and I am happy to respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To day I go back to court .i have been given a public defender ,and yet I still have not to say spoken with her. But she has sent me the supplement copies of the offer Eros reports. Is this how it works ? I do not get to sleek with the public defender that is to be helping me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have no money in back at time ,I've givin my last 45 . To this sight ' but please help

Thank you for the reply. Yes, today in court, you will speak with your public defender. The PD has a heavy case load and normally does not speak with their clients until the day of court, since they have so many cases to work and do not have the time to speak with everyone all the time, when they are trying to balance their workload. I know it is not ideal but the truth of the matter. They sent you the discovery to review and when you appear, you can ask any questions which you may have, to help decide if you want to fight this and go to trial or take a plea deal.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know what went on the day I was being accused,so this is why I was sent the copies to read and ask them questions.that are facts that the cashier while I was standing waiting to pay four my shirt she had picked up something saying oh this looks like one of our volunteers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why would she say that the managers was acting strang

You should speak with the PD today and ask about taking depositions. This way, you can speak with the manager, volunteers, cashier or anyone else who was involved and has relevant information, to see what happened and get their version, so you can fight this and see what they would testify to

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want to be a PD I do not want to have something ugly sitting on me

I am sorry but can you please clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Am I texting to a computer

No, I am a real person.

You said you do not want to be a PD and a PD, as I shared above, standing for public defender.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I yes thought pd public defender meant they would be asking the question,and i ,but now am I understanding right that I do all and they present it

No, the public defender acts on your behalf and represents your legal interest. You speak with them and have the final say as the client but they do the work on your behalf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't understand what work are they doing if they have not Spock with me and I am to ask is they or my self can talk to the others and did they read the copies and yet not hear from me till the mins befor seeing judge

They will speak with you today and ask how you want to proceed. If you tell them you want to fight this, they will prepare for trial. If you want to resolve it, they will speak with the prosecutor and work on a plea deal. You can also speak with them and schedule a time to sit down and go over everything, if you have questions and want to know how they plan on defending the charge

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!