Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

Dwayne. What's my best interest with this situation without

Customer Question

Dwayne B. What's my best interest with this situation without a retained attorney
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

It depends on what the attorney does at or before the preliminary hearing. The attorney may be going to wait to do discovery until he sees what the DA is going to offer as evidence, then move forward. It's hard to second guess someone's trial thoughts without being there and seeing what they are doing.

However, if your son doesn't trust the lawyer then he is never going to be comfortable and so getting a different lawyer is probably a good idea for everyone.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When we ask for him to withdraw he said it's not going to happen
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

If he is sure he wants the lawyer to leave have your son do the letter I mentioned before and send it by certified mail, return receipt requested.

How long has he been on the case?