MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My son had a DUI conviction over 20 years ago when he was

Customer Question

My son had a DUI conviction over 20 years ago when he was 19. Can this be sponged or doesn't it need to be? He hasn't had any more problems since.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. You get 1 expungement in your lifetime and this can be done. However, because of the age of the DUI, I can't imagine it's still an issue for him. In my opinion- it may be totally unnecessary at this point.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.