Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I spoke with you this morning but I was unable to finish

Customer Question

I spoke with you this morning but I was unable to finish because I was at work, I was by the Ohio BMV that I needed to get permission from a Cuyahoga county judge in order to drive my car, this I was told yesterday when I went to renew my driver license , without updated state ID I can not vote, I just got my new license plate sticker last week I do not know why I was not told then, how do I get permission from a judge in order to drive before election day , I have auto insurance and I do not have any fines or unpaid fine
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Why is your license suspended?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my insurance had lapse and I was given a ticket, but my insurance was renew 6 months in advance
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Did you provide proof of that insurance to the BMV? You need to give us a bit more information if you please would be kind enough to do so. How long was the license suspended? Please give us more information so we can better direct you.