Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My nephew is in jail in lake county Ca, he has been there

Customer Question

My nephew is in jail in lake county Ca, he has been there for 6 months without being seen by the judge or anyone, who and how should I contact to find out what is going on? I am not in California and have no idea how to find out anything.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 13 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 13 days ago.

You can call the jail and sometimes they will tell you why he is here and on what charge. If that doesn't work then your only alternatives are to go there or to hire a lawyer to check into it for you.

It would be extremely unusual for someone to be in jail for six months and never to have seen a judge about why they were there. It's possible, but it would be unusual. Is it possible he was on probation or parole and got picked up for a violation?