Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

My brother robbed a drug dealer because he sold drugs to his

Customer Question

My brother robbed a drug dealer because he sold drugs to his daughter and she of they seen him on camera but have been extorting him for two weeks can they still call the police
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 17 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 17 days ago.

There's a typo or a missing couple of words in your narrative that makes this confusing to try to answer.

Are you asking if someone who is extorting your brother can still report the robbery to the police two weeks after the event? If so, the answer is yes.

The complainant would have until the statute of limitations runs out on the charge to report the crime and try to get charges pressed. In Tennessee, that means the complainant would have three years from the incident to report the robbery.

Whether it would be wise to do so if the complainant was also engaging in unlawful acts against the defendant is another matter and would depend upon more evidence than I have at this time.

If this is not what you wanted to know, please clarify your question in a reply to this question thread.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 16 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.