Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have a rule 8 hearing set for November 15th. According to

Customer Question

I have a rule 8 hearing set for November 15th. According to the Oklahoma Supreme court network I appeared last Tuesday for an arraignment and entered a plea of not guilty. I am currently serving sanctions for 52 weekends in the Cleveland county jail in Norman Oklahoma my weekends were modified to Monday 7am through Wednesday 7am since my job requires me to work Friday Saturday and Sunday. The issue is last Tuesday I got pulled from my cell at the jail for the arraignment but only a few minutes later was taken back to my cell and told by the jailer that it was a mistake on their end because I wasn't booked in as a weekender. So I never went to that arraignment and I never entered a plea. But according to the courts I did. So in other words the court lied. Is that considered as a falsified document
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No the one I had is no longer my attorney
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The original Rule 8 hearing was back in July but the hearing was set on a Tuesday I was in the jail doing my sanction but never got pulled to go to that hearing they issued a bench warrant for failure to appear and pay. I admit that I didn't pay the court costs on time but the failure to appear is something I'm not guilty of because I never got the chance to appear they set a $500 cash bond but the jail released me on a jail bond release and a PR bond. The interesting thing is that the warrant was issued a month after the original rule 8 hearing and the jail didn't get the warrant until the end of last month.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 12 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 12 days ago.

When you say you're serving sanctions, is there a case you're serving sanctions for? Were you arraigned on that case? Do you have an attorney?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.