Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was drugged and then robbed and charged with disorderly

Customer Question

I was drugged and then robbed and charged with drunken disorderly and resisting arrest. I clearly remember that I was not intoxicated until I took a sip of a drunk and then I have no recollection of events. This happened in Naples.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Florida. October 7.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am an attorney but I do not practice criminal law
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I have proof that someone tried to make multiple fraudulent charges to my bank account A toxicology screen was not performed
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

Did you report the fraudulent charges?

Do you know if there were video cameras in the place where you had a drink? It is possible that the tapes can be reviewed to see when someone drugged your drink and took your credit cards.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe there are video tapes but it was very very crowded. I spoke to the police officers in the morning and told them I had no recollection of what happened and someone must have drugged me as I was fine and then all of a sudden I don't remember anything. When I told the police in the morning they said it happens a lot at this strip of bars. Apparently I was outside arguing with a security guard and he called the police and I ran into a stream. According to the police report, the bar trespassed me afterwards. My cards were still with my phone in the morning but someone stole the credit card number and has been trying to make charges.

It is important that you request the video even though it was crowded. Also, get proof of the fraudulent charges from your credit card company. Also, report this fraud to the police. You can bring this to court when addressing your own charges. It may be enough to get the charges dismissed against you. My advice is to have a criminal lawyer represent you.