Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

P do not respond looking for another opinion i am a

Customer Question

p simmons do not respond looking for another opinioni am a violinist and i was playing on a train than this man told me he video taped me and he will show the video to the police will the police go look for me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Is playing a violin on the train illegal where you live? I think it's more likely that the man who taped you is a mental case and no one at the police station or the prosecutor's office is going to give him the time of day. At least that's my educated guess. Enjoy the day!A five-star rating would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its illegal but
i dont believe they can identify my name and were i live by seeing the video me playing vioiln so what do you think ?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Again, I don't know what city you live in, but it would be highly unusual, actually weird, for police to go looking for someone who is reported to have committed what amounts to a minor misdemeanor. They have much more important things to do. So relax.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
in ny ok so nothing to worry about?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

In order to arrest for a misdemeanor, the police officer must see it committed. My guess is that if a cop actually sees or hears you play, they would simply tell you to put the fiddle away. That is, unless you play very badly, and then you might get arrested. :-)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok so do you believe that they are looking for me based on they seeing my video playing violin?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

If I tell you that I am certain that they are not looking for you, will that make you feel better?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but i need to know the truth
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

I Can't give you any more information than I already have. I will opt out at this point. Perhaps someone else can give you satisfactory assurances.

Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The activity of playing live music on the transit system is a citation violation. It is against the law to play live music IF you do not have a PERMIT. If you have the permit you may do so.

The transit police do not search or investigate these matters. They only write a citation if they themselves witness the violation.

You can avoid the problem by obtaining a permit. It is only $45 for the Permit, See this link for more details:

http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/3003/musician-or-performer-permit

This link provides detailed information on street performing and performing on the trains:

http://citylore.org/urban-culture/resources/street-performers/#factcheck

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a cop gave me a civil ticket for $50 i told the cop wrong name and address and that what she wrote on the ticket so i will not need than to pay this ticket?

By giving the police officer false information you have potentially created a much more serious problem for yourself. If you do not pay the ticket and law enforcement is able to figure out that you gave false information you may be facing much more serious charges.

While I am certain that this is not what you had intended or hoped you may regret the action that you took.

I tell you this not only because I must, but also because I do not want you to have greater problems down the road.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just pay the ticket?

That would probably be the safest thing for you to do. You can use a Money Order if you do not want to use a personal check.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i can pay online

That would work to.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when i pay the ticket i should be fine?

Hello:

Sorry for th delayed response. I've been having system issues.

Yes, if you pay the ticket that should be the end of the matter.

Good luck.

Please do not forget to rate me - click the five stars. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good karma for you. Thank you.