P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

I am a violinist and i was playing on a train than this man

i am a violinist and i was playing on a train than this man told me he video taped me and he will show the video to the police will the police go look for me?

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

If you were in violation of the law when this video was recorded the police can use that to arrest you.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you telling me the police will try to find me?

That I can not answer...since it depends on the policies of the department . Law enforcement has discretion. That means that they are not required to investigate or prosecute any particular complaint of misconduct. So you can report this to law enforcement…but if they refuse to investigate/prosecute? There is no way to force them to do so.

Will they try and prosecute you? Well...the video would provide strong evidence...if they can use that to track you down? I would expect them to do so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well i did not get arrested when i was cought last time they just gave me a tickect

Thank you
IF the police can identify you (based on your last ticket) then I suspect they will prosecute you again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well its been 2 weeks since the guy video taped me and no one stopped me so you still thing i will be surrounded

I do not know...it depends if they can identify you from the video. IF they can, then yes...they will arrest you. If not, then likely not.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they will not identify me from seeing my video + i have seen cops on the trains and they did not approach me

If they can not identify you from the video? Then it is likely you have nothing to worry about.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok i know by looking at the video they dont know my name and were i live so i am in a clear sir?

I believe so, yes.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a cop gave me a civil ticket for $50 i told the cop wrong name and address and that what she wrote on the ticket so i will not need than to pay this ticket?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a cop gave me a civil ticket for $50 i told the cop wrong name and address and that what she wrote on the ticket so any way i sent a letter to transit adjudication bureau if they can dismiss the ticket and i submitted my real name and address i am not in any trouble here ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are rated can you respond
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are rated can you responda cop gave me a civil ticket for $50 i told the cop wrong name and address and that what she wrote on the ticket so any way i sent a letter to transit adjudication bureau if they can dismiss the ticket and i submitted my real name and address i am not in any trouble here ?

Well...if you gave the wrong name to the cops? And then, you give the proper name to the transit authority? Frankly, they may well charge you with the false statement to the cop.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they told me to correct my name and i paid my fine so its all good no trouble here

Great to hear it. I wish you the best of luck