N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

Well..let it be sufficient to say...i am not proud at all of

Customer Question

Well..let it be sufficient to say...i am not proud at all of what i have to confess..first is..i am..a tier one offender...and have done time served...but the issue i have..is i was currently fired from my job...at La Q uinta Inns and suites in Las Vegas 89128...via the phone by human resources...and signed no paper work...and the reason they said i was fired was because of my conviction that i did put on the application at time of hire...and i have worked for the company for almost six years this coming feburary 2017...I also requested my files and have not received those documents either...I have never been fired in this manner and i know that even though i am a tier one non re offender..my information was used directly at terminating my employement and has caused a hard ship on my family and mentally caused my distress beyond barable means..do i have a case or not..and I believe because of how i was terminated the company may be trying to keep from paying unemployment...what should i do...who should i go to...to help me defend myself?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: my phone number i can provide...if a call is required for more information or elaboration on what was typed above.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Las Vegas, Nevada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No...I am not sure what kind of attorney covers this kind of situation...and I am sure that the company may have committed a criminal act..and at least civil violation.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The human resource department however is located in texas.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

The status of the sex offender law is not settled, see

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/nevadas-sex-offender-registry-law-in-limbo

I think you may have a claim for wrongful termination, and I would apply for unemployment to force the employer to state a reason for the termination.

You can get a free consultation from some of the employment law attorneys listed at

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/employment-law-employee/las-vegas/nevada

Only a local attorney can provide legal advice, but I hope this infrmation is helpful.