Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

My son is accused of inappropriately touching a 13 yr old

Customer Question

My son is accused of inappropriately touching a 13 yr old girl's leg. What are the laws?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 20 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using What state are you from? How old is your son?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
NC son is 42

I have opened up this phone call request to all experts as I do not perform that service. I will give it a bit and see if the request is accepted and if not I will answer for you on here.

It looks as though there was a payment failure, you might want to check your payment information and let me know if you want to receive a phone call. That will need to be fixed before an expert can accept your request.

"Sexual contact” is defined by statute as touching the sexual organ, anus, breast, groin, or buttocks of another directly or through clothing, or placing semen, urine, or feces upon any part of another person. Sexual Battery [N.C. Gen. Stat. Ann. § 14-27.5A.), Class A1 misdemeanor] (i.e., “forced fondling”)(SOR) Sexual contact (a) by force and without consent [note: no injury required] Sexual battery, a Class A1 misdemeanor, is any sexual contact or physical contact committed for sexual purposes by force and against the victim’s will. Sexual battery is also any sexual contact with a victim who is mentally disabled, physically helpless, or otherwise incapacitated, where the defendant knows or should know of the victim’s disability. I am not sure what he is charged with but this seems to fit the profile of what you described the most. An A1 mis. is punishable by probation, supervised probation, or a jail sentence of one to 60 days. The judge may also impose a fine, whose amount is at the judge’s discretion. If the defendant has prior convictions, the sentence can be up to 150 days in prison. For second and subsequent offenses, the defendant must be sentenced to at least 30 days in jail. See link fro more crimes:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate:

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so:

Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 days ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?