Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I have a speeding ticket in Arizona from 1999 and I wanted

Customer Question

I have a speeding ticket in Arizona from 1999 and I wanted to know if there is a way to get rid of it
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I just found out about it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am disabled and do not live in Arizona any longer
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: az
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Do you have a warrant for the ticket?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am disabled and live in Colorado, I have been working for UPS for 10 years now part time but now I have a chance to work full time but need to be able to drive to my new job. I have been taking public transportation for the past 16 years or my wife would drive me to work. No I do not have any warrants.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
would you have any suggestions

If you do not have a warrant filed for this ticket, then the statute of limitations for this ticket has long passed and you could not be prosecuted for it. If you had a warrant from it then you would simply need to pay the ticket and fees but since you do not it should be gone at this point being 17 years ago. You shouldn't need to worry about it.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Colorado will not let me get my license until this has been removed but I do not know how to go about this.

So you must have a warrant then for the unpaid ticket. See link on how to find the ticket: http://www.dmv.org/az-arizona/lost-traffic-ticket.php

You could simply contact the court and pay the fine plus court costs. If there court is requiring more (unlikely) then it might be easiest to retain an Arizona attorney to take care of it. I bet you could do it for around $500 or less. It will simply be paying the old ticket and it should be taken care of. You need to know where you got the ticket.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the problem is that the ticket with fines and fees has jumped to almost 2000 dollars
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was told that I could write a letter to the judge and he may wavie the ticket and remove it . I just do not know how to word it. would you be able to help me with that?

I could but drafting a document letter would be an additional service which would cost extra. We cannot represent you per the rules of this site so we could help you draft the letter but it would have to come from you and there would be no attorney client relationship. I would charge $65 for a sample letter for you but you would need to give me a day or two as I will not be able to do this tonight.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how much would you charge me to write up the letter

Depending on exactly what you want it would be $65.

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
would you be able to do it for $35 I am on disablility right now and just getting a small check.
I could do it for $50 if that would help. Also, if you could rate my answer, I would appreciate it. Are you satisfied by my work so far? This is the only way I am compensated by the site for my time working with you. See link on how to: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl