P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

I being hacked by my ex. He described pictures and personal

Customer Question

I being hacked by my ex. He described pictures and personal information I have stored in my phone anf my computer to our Dtr who lives with me. He states he is able to use our web can and microphone to take pictures and lot he
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I prove this? and where do I start? I would like to press charges; I just don't know where to begin.

So you want to know how to report this to the police?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Thank you

Just a moment please, I have some thoughts and will type them up

What you are describing, if he is accessing your phone, without your permission, he is in violation of MI law.

You can report this criminal misconduct to your local police...I would head to the precinct (police office) and file the complaint in person.

You ask "how do you prove it"

In your original question you state he admitted to this misconduct...that admission to you can be used to help prosecute the case.

Now...it is important to understand Law enforcement has discretion. That means that they are not required to investigate or prosecute any particular complaint of misconduct. So you can report this to law enforcement…but if they refuse to investigate/prosecute? There is no way to force them to do so.

Still, I would make the complaint and request that the police prosecute the case.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.