Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

I have a felon 1969 forgery & A& Is it possible for me to

Customer Question

I have a felon 1969 forgery & A&B
Is it possible for me to have my gun rights restored?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Was the assault and battery charge related to a domestic violence case? If not-- then yes, you will be able to have your gun rights restored! (There is a federal lifetime ban for domestic violence cases though.)

Here is a link to a copy of the application form you'll need to fill out:

https://www.fcor.state.fl.us/docs/clemency/ClemencyApplication.pdf

You can also contact the Florida Clemency Office (where your application will be submitted), here at the following numbers:

Toll Free: 1-***-***-****
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####br />Email: *****@******.***

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!