Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I heard my 16 year's old grandson and another kid pistol

Customer Question

I heard my 16 year's old grandson and another kid pistol whip & carjacking a man. my son live in Florida but the child mother lives in the city. what are the charges the boys caught inside the man car. I would say he made a move stupid move.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Criminal Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, my daughter just made me promise not to tell my son that I know. I know time is very important
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I call the detention home.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 22 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 22 days ago.

This is a very serious offense. It is a 1st° felony and it has a level seven in severity. Although he is only 16, A crime like this can be transferred to adult court and he can face adult penalties. The minimum sentence would be 21 months in prison. The max could be 20 years.

Additionally there is a weapons enhancement. That could mean a minimum of 48 months in prison and a possible life sentence. Your grandson needs a lawyer.