AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

I was served 3 pages of court documents informing me that I

Customer Question

I was served 3 pages of court documents informing me that I had a temporary no contact order put on me by someone. They were served by a police officer at 10:00pm on a Thursday (work night). Then , the following Tuesday I came home and found an updated version, about 5-6 more pages added to the originals I received on Thursday, adding or changing ( I'm not sure ) it to domestic violence , and found this in my mailbox with no envelope or binder or anything over it just documents telling all my personal information , all these false accusations , and stuffed I'm my mailbox. 2 questions ; do you see anything wrong/Illegal here? And do I need a lawyer?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 18 days ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Is it the Domestic Violence No Contact Order that has this language on the first page:

2. Defendant:

A. do not cause, attempt, or threaten to cause bodily injury to, assault, sexually assault, harass, stalk, or keep under surveillance the protected person.

B. do not contact the protected person, directly, indirectly, in person or through others, by phone, mail, or electronic means, except for mailing or service of process of court documents through a third party, or contact by the defendant’s lawyers.

C. do not knowingly enter, remain, or come within________ (1,000 feet if no distance entered) of the protected person’s residence, school, workplace, other: __________________________________.

D. other: _________________________________________________________________________

3. Firearms, Weapons, and Concealed Pistol License, Defendant:

do not obtain, own, possess or control a firearm. (RCW 9.41.040.)

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Yeah not quite in the order you put it but it's the same wording and I see with the second section of papers I got was. The first one is a temporary order for protection order. And the second one I got is way more updated And it's the actual petition for order for protection. In the first box starts out with I am a victim of the Domestic violence committed by the respondent. And she checked that box and it's all dated the same day and same time (supposedly)at the courthouse. But the first section of papers I got served and saving about the Mestic violence and it's the temporary order and the second one starts right off with "this is the domestic violence". But how about the two questions that I asked .that's what I want to know.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I don't want you to call I can't even find anywhere to talk to you until you respond to me. The deal that I had to sign up to and agreed to do even present my question to you disappeared as soon as I set my credit card information and I have a build a talk to anybody or find anything about it until you just contacted me and you're the third person's been assigned to it . So I'm open your real educated on this and take care of here because I'm not real happy right now I will not pay more money to be left in the dark and not know what's going on you're not giving me what you're offering before I give you a credit card is what I'm saying let's just stick to my case to my question I asked was answer those and then we'll go from there. please
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
One more thing do you realize it's been an hour and a half since I posted my question and all you've done is give me some of the wording for that charge which already have an already understand that. But all you've done for me is you're the third attorney now that I talk to you and all you've done is ask for more money . That doesn't sound like good business to me. So if there's any kind of problem right now with any of this or you can't handle it or you don't want to handle it then tell me right now. You can refund my card lose my number and I will MoveOn and that somebody else at another place. Because obviously if I don't pay more I'm at the bottom of the list here to get my stuff done. Means I'm not getting good help at all. And I called for help. Not to make you a few extra bucks. So you let me know right now if there something to conflict between me and you or me and my answer being correct.

I apologize about the delay. I am an attorney and most of us attorneys here answer these questions in our spare time while we are at home and my children needed me so I had to get up and tend them. So again I apologize for the delay. I am happy to help you or I can opt out of your question or I can send you to customer service for a refund. What would you prefer?

2 questions ; do you see anything wrong/Illegal here? And do I need a lawyer?

1. No, I don't see anything wrong or illegal. When a case is initiated, you are supposed to be formally served, which you were. Thereafter, service can be accomplished in a myriad of ways, one of which is delivering it to your home or hand-delivery. You could object to the service, but it wouldn't do much but delay the case a little. Best to use your time and energy fighting the case on its merits, rather than small procedural defects that can easily be corrected.

2. Yes, I think you probably do need a lawyer. Not everyone goes into these types of hearings with lawyers, but without one, you will likely unwittingly make an admission that you don't think is a big deal, which ends up in her winning the case. This has happened in my experience too many times to count.

Sorry again for the delay. I would appreciate a positive rating, but I understand you are not happy because you didn't get an immediate response. Again I apologize.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I want to opt out . Send me to customer service for a full refund. I need someone back in writing on here showing that you have put all money bank on my account. I mainly tested you on the 1st question to see how thorough you were gonna be and you failed that. I wanted to hear you say "it's a federal offense to put something in a mailbox if your not a federal employee."The timely manner was horrible and nothing like your front page offers. It's just as I suspected it would be , as soon as you got my credit card number all professionalism and timely manner you advertise on your front page seam to dissappear. So once again , I expect a full refund immediately.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am waiting for your response telling me my money has been credited to my account
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Then I will rate you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
For all that has happened here I would like to leave here knowing this, are they actually having me come to this hearing to charge me with something?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
now I get no response what-so-ever. Ok.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is there a reason no one will answer me ?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is very unprofessional. If my money isn't back on my account by tomorrow morning , and you don't post in in an email to me when it's done I'll be forced to ruin your reputation on this site. Try me. ��