How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 23565
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a "notice of Delinquent Account" for a violation

Customer Question

Hello. I received a "notice of Delinquent Account" for a violation in Nov 2006. It was for not having my Proof of Insurance card with me at the time. I don't even recall this incident. the fee they are wanting is $1172.15. Do I have any recourse?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet. I don't have any money
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

The amount owed consists of late fines and penalties. You can go to the DMV and get a payment plan and/or negotiate with them to waive some of the penalties so that you can pay the rest.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Related Criminal Law Questions