Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

My husband is on parole in Missouri. he has been labeled an

Customer Question

My husband is on parole in Missouri. he has been labeled an absconder because he left the state and moved to another one. this happened in July 2016. his parole date is November 2017 however with good behavior it is July 2017. he is a class c felony, non-violent, 2nd degree burglary. will Missouri come after him if he is another state?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 19 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Because he fled the state he is in violation of his parole, as you know. Missouri will not actually come after him, but they will put a warrant out for his arrest and enter it into the national criminal information system. Even though you think he has such a short time left the time stopped at the moment he fled, so the warrant will remain until he turns himself in or is arrested on the warrant. If he is arrested he will be held for the Missouri authorities to come pick him up to bring him to prison in Missouri. So yes they will take him when he is caught on the warrant and he will end up having to serve time for violating his parole.