Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I am being threatened with a harassment suit from an

Customer Question

I am being threatened with a sexual harassment suit from an employee who was terminated . She had a phone that my company owned . Our carrier was AT&T . Can she subpoena the text records from this phone . And if so how difficult is this to do ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Yes, once she files a lawsuit then she or her attorney can subpoena the records from the cell phone. Most carriers keep the texts for a limited time which changes periodically. I think the longest at this time is about 6 months.

It's not difficult at all to subpoena records. It's just a form that is filled out.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.