Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney
11182422

Can a judge issue a search warrant out of his county of

Customer Question

can a judge issue a search warrant out of his county of jurisdiction?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 months ago.

Good day, my name is Brandon. I am licensed attorney and I'm glad to help. A state judge can issue a search warrant to be executed anywhere in the state, regardless of county. Outside of the state, a search warrant would generally not be enforceable. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
may i ask if the search warrant was for harassment is someone allowed to take computer equipment, hard drives, and cameras?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
including phones and tablets?

Certainly. If there's probable cause to believe that the area or items authorized for search will produce the evidence sought, search of the area or items is permissible. If someone stole an elephant, a search warrant shouldn't permit the search of the suspect's kitchen cabinets to look for that elephant. But if electronic devices are believed to be used for criminal harassment, then searching electronic devices potentially used to perpetrate that harassment would generally be permissible.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
cool. this service is great.i affirm that you have answered my questions related to this order (16695411-13).if you would like to check my website, because its a non-profit, please do so at: www.citizencontrol.org

Thanks, ***** ***** that very much. And I'll check it out. If you don't mind, please feel free to leave a rating for me when you are finished (it is how I am credited for my work). Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
awesome.here's a video of me paragliding, if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fNmxml5Ryk

I might skip the paragliding video :-) it's not my cup of tea. :-)