CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

T getting the medical records of the arresting officer. A

Customer Question

t getting the medical records of the arresting officer. A lot of cops are on legal prescrpition drugs and even though legal, these drugs can affect one's judgement.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Charged with DI for taking prescription drugs as prescribed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if and how to get the arresting officers list of prescribed meds to see if he was perhaps affected in his judgerment.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

The medical records of the Officer are confidential, so they can not simply be turned over, upon demand. Your attorney will have to file a motion and ask the Judge that these be released or in the alternative, the Officer disclose what medications, if any, they take. You will need to show that this is relevant and if the Officer does take drug X, Y or Z, that it could impair their ability to observe, interpret and understand the events in question. Moreover, the Officer can be deposed and during the deposition, it can be inquired into and you can see if they will admit to anything.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 4 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!