CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

My son missed court date which was not communicated to his

Customer Question

My son missed court date which was not communicated to his attorney, so his bond was revoked and it motion was filed to squash the capias, he was recently arrested. What option does he have now. I have not been able to reach his attorney.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

At this time, his attorney need to file a motion with the court and set it for hearing, asking the Judge to reinstate the bond. The attorney needs to advise the Judge that the defendants failure to appear was not intentional, as notice was never provided and it was a mistake on part of the attorney, to tell him to appear. The Judge should not hold this against your son, if his attorney failed to inform him to appear and the attorney should have appeared on his behalf as well, to explain the situation. The Judge should order him released and the bond to be reinstated, since this was not his fault.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.