NYFamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, licensed for 36 years as a trial and appellate attorney

I feel rather silly because with someone who I went on 1

Customer Question

I feel rather silly because with someone who I went on 1 date with and planned a second date (but she got sick) we continued to speak but then I decided I didn't want to see her again. However, I didn't feel as if I wanted to actually say that. I am not god at such things. We texted and talked back and forth for a couple of days or just over a week really and the texts were fairly balanced as to those she would send to me and those I would sent to her. I called her today to say a quick hello and explain that I couldn't talk because my phone battery was low since I left my charger at a friend's house (which is true) and that also my cousin is in town (which is not true.) So we ended the conversation as I said that my phone power is low. She told me to get a new charger and I said I would. However, instead of leaving well enough alone I texted her a couple of times and said "I'm really sorry about the charger and not being able to talk to you. I feel silly. I will get a charger tomorrow. I hope you will forgive me. I also hope you feel better (she had been sick)" Then a few minutes later I sent a second text saying, "Do you forgive me for the silly charger issue?" Now she didn't reply. She couldn't claim that I was harassing her if, for example, she is mad at me for blowing her off? I have heard of scorned women to do some pretty odd things and that is why I was concerned though I am likely just over thinking this. I plan to leave it alone at this point.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  NYFamilyAttorney replied 28 days ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer, former trial lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience and also have extensive experience with landlord-tenant issues and other legal issues. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of our discussion I’m going to ask you to rate me, okay? I’d appreciate it because this is the only way we get credit for our time here today. It is at no extra cost to you.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. You are advised to retain your own attorney. The attorney herein is licensed in NY only.

If I’m back not here right away, I’m typing my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 28 days ago.

I agree with you that you are over-thinking it. :) You should be fine here. This doesn't rise to the level of harassment or constitute harassment at all. Should she ever claim it, I doubt that any court is going to agree that it's harassment and you should be fine as long as you leave her alone from this point on.

She may not even be feeling scorned -- who knows why people don't call? The thing is, legally, this is not harassment and you should be fine. Even if she's a nut and decides to claim harassment, I believe you're fine and this wouldn't even come close to either civil or criminal harassment in any state.

Does that answer your question?

Please let me know if you need any more information, such as where to find an attorney in your area, or anything else related to this question. Id' rather be rated positively and if I didn't answer all of your questions, I'd like to have a chance to make sure that I do. Thanks in advance for rating me. If you need more information, let me know as I’m happy to give it.

I hope this helps and clarifies. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you can rate me when finished. Kindly rate me positively so that I can get credit. It is no additional charge to you.

Please accept my answer, rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. I thank you in advance for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you!

You are also welcome to come back to this room free of charge to ask me a follow-up to this question at any time. Be well and thank you for letting me help you tonight.